Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Feeling of Contentment

On Friday and Saturday, I spent the days with my 2 cousins, my aunt, and my uncle; I felt so enveloped in the “family feeling” that I haven’t feel for quite sometime, and it was wonderful. Spending the hot afternoon walking around Yuen Long as my aunt and uncle tell me potential developments and the congested streets, I felt really cared for. When we all head over to Sorrento, I had such a wonderful day with them. Seeing my cousins played with Pretzel and listening to my auntie talking about shopping with my mom around Mongkok when they were young, I could see my mom all giddy and excited about buying new clothes in my mind. As we poured over pictures of when I was young and with my parents, those special sharing moments are just so precious. It felt and seemed so natural seeing my aunt pouring over my set of cooking books left behind by my mom, my uncle watching his sons playing with Pretzel, and we all think about of how we could bring the huge pot of food to my grandma’s place for the Mid-autumn festival. These natural feelings of togetherness, feeling totally at ease, definitely valuable. Taking Pretzel for his evening walk across the Waterfront Promenade was so fun as we all take turn holding Pretzel’s leash and giggled and screamed while he socialized with other dogs and snapping up pictures around the promenade under the setting of dawn.

When I returned to Yuen Long to clock customers at McCafe, I returned to my Aunt’s place afterwards, and I spend a bit of time playing Big 2 with my 2 cousins and my aunt. Something so simple could give me so much contentment. As we all sat around my cousins’ bed, shuffling the cards and strategizing, I was in a room filled with laughter and giggling, where little jokes and silly TV lines are spoken, and we all laughed and poured over straights and flushes.

I dedicate this piece of blog to my 2 cousins, aunt, and uncle; pure happiness and bliss, I found in the simplest gathering and bonding of people, doing the simplest, everyday thing, like taking an evening walk, or playing a hand of cards.

No comments: