Thursday, May 17, 2007

RelAtioNshiPs

I feel I am a better person in HK, I feel more whole, it seems like I've goals and the ambition to do something with my life has returned. Tonight, I've started thinking about my sister which turned into thinking about our relationship. Oddly, with me an ocean apart, I really do feel our relationship has improved a lot, compared than when we lived under the same roof. I should give some credit to the Landmark Forum, it has opened me up and taught me to share my feelings and acknowledge other people's ways of thinking; though I still need to work on the latter a bit more. We actually talk on the phone a lot more than before, at least a couple of times a week, and it's not the routine stuff like what I have to do, what she needs to do, what payments are coming up, blah blah blah, the topics we really don't even want to talk about, which actually makes picking up the phone that much harder. Ever since the Forum and telling her how I wanted our relationship to change and how we should share, we really have been doing that; we are not just dealing with bullshit issues now, we are sharing about stuff that is happening in our lives, or even funny little stories and stuff we've heard. I value this tremendously because at the end of the day, she is the only person in the world I truly trust. She is the only person I know that do not have any hidden agendas (known or unknown); this fact is happy and sad at the same time--> happy because someone like that actually exist, sad because it's so few, it's really in a singular form. Actually I retract, I trust my uncle Henry immensely and value our relationship; but at the same time, it's a little bit different, I won't pick up the phone and call him and tell him how my day is, but when we do see each other, I really enjoy his company as well as his opinions.

This leads me to evaluate my friendships. There are a couple of gals I've known my whole life, we went to high school together and our bonds are so deep, we've remained the best of friends through University and afterwards; however, looking back, I cannot deny the fact that even though we have a special bond and share a deep loyalty towards one another, we have indeed drifted and changed as we continue on with our lives. So sad to realize that we no longer share everything, but at the same time, I do know that when we do see each other and have conversations, they are not surface meaningless conversations, I know that under the right environment (lol), we could really be honest and straightforward, which I appreciate.

Then I started to reflect on the friends I've made in HK, they're very special to me, and God is really great. With faith, I can go such a long way, he is always looking out for me, I really feel. From finding a job to meeting people I could share different aspects of my life with, he has provided me with those needs and connections. Then just when I feel relatively settled and loose a bit of desire to become even more than I should right now, he reminds me and sends down career opportunities/possibilities that I could so clearly see leading to better things and many opportunities I have never imagined. How great is my GOD?

The moment I stepped out of my safety zone and plunged into a new place where people are virtually unknown to me, I now realize it was a right decision, it leads to so much better things, so much more possibilities...

No comments: