Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Vancouver Trip

A couple of days prior to returning to Vancouver to visit my sister and friends, I wasn’t too hyped, to be honest; clearly I wasn’t expecting it to be crappy and not fun, but I thought I would be bored now and then, and was considering rescheduling my return flight ticket to Hong Kong earlier. I truly believe I was subconsciously missing Pretzel, as I am gone for more than 2 weeks! However, I am glad I stayed for my entire planned trip, because I really did have fun. I always thought going on vacations mean going to places that are foreign, and when you return to the familiar, it would be so boring, because you just wouldn’t visit the tourist spots. Well, I am glad to say that stereotype has been slashed in my brain, because even though I really did not go to any tourist spots, aside from Granville Island, I still had such a great blast in Vancouver, because it is my chance to visit all the little treats and stuff I enjoyed while living there.

Slurping up on the matcha chillos, dunking myself in pretzel balls, sucking up the Dairy Queen blizzards, grabbing a mango slush BBT on the go, OMG, multiple adrenaline rushes coursing through me everyday! I was even happy to be in a huge line at Chapters for a cup of starbucks! Going to nice dinners at the keg, eating italiano and Greek food, yum yum. All my trips evolve around foods, lol.

I truly believe my trip wouldn’t be as fun without my sister and my friends, they really make it that much better. It felt good to return, do the shopping, and just catching up. Can I say everyone is totally different? Well, I was only gone for a year, but I do observe minor changes here and there; everyone seems quite settled in their work, relatively happy/satisfied with what they’re accomplishing, people are considering changes or advances in their career, so very true signs that we are all indeed growing up and time isn’t stopped or pausing for any of us!

Finally, it was very nice seeing my sister, it is really weird how when we don’t live in the same country, we talk a lot on the phone, then when we are in the same room, it’s different! We still talk obviosuly, but she seems awfully defensive about her territory. I am always feeling cold in her apartment and she keeps turning the heat down! I do believe in the Chinese saying about how it’s easy to meet up but hard to live together, so very true! Well, I am excited to see her when she visits HK, I am really praying she could see herself in HK and choose to move there, that would be so awesome! We would be living in the same country again!

As I don’t foresee myself returning to Vancouver for probably around 2 years, when my sister indeed decides to move to HK, and I come back and assist her with the packing, and more legal paperwork, omg, those damn things are endless! So hopefully I will still see my friends when they visit Asia in the next 2 years!

No comments: